Help Poshmark invent a “Fashion Refresh Closet” that encourages people to participate in the fashion refresh community.
Our refrigerators are smart, why aren’t our closets? Invent a smart closet for Poshmark that brings the fashion refresh experience into your home. This Fashion Refresh Closet should make it easier to keep track of what you have, resell items you don’t want, and purchase items others are reselling.
On average Americans buy 60% more clothing in 2018 compared to 2010, and kept each garment half as long (Mckinsey & Company). In addition, 83% of American’s closets are filled with clothing they purchased new. This “fast fashion” trend means that new fashion is being manufactured at record rates, and lightly used clothing is being disposed of into our landfills. Poshmark believes that this “fast fashion” trend is a problem our generation must correct to better balance our use of resources.
The good news is the thrifting/resell fashion trend is also picking up! Many people are finding new treasures in other’s vintage items. Your team should identify trends in the resell fashion community, and invent a smart closet that makes it easier to keep track of what you have, resell items you don’t want, and purchase items others are reselling.
- Create a Fashion Refresh Closet that promotes reselling the clothes you don’t want, finding second hand fashion to refresh your closet, and be more sustainable.
- A drawing or visualization of the Fashion Refresh Closet.
- A brief write-up of what the product is, how it is used, and how it will encourage people to participate in the fashion refresh community.
Challenge Kick Off
- 5:00pm PST - Live Liftoff
- Join the Liftoff
- Lost at Sea Team Contest
- Meet Your BizCoach
- Zoom Pro-tips
- Challenge Blast-off
- 7:00pm PST - Submit "Team Name"
Discover Who You Can Help
- 5:00pm PST - Opportunities?
- Pink Lamborghini Client Game
- Get Ready to Interview
- Listen for Understanding
- Story Telling: Hunt for Golden Eggs
- Lemons, Golden Eggs?
- 7:00pm PST - Submit "Golden Eggs"
Unlease Your Creativity!
- 5:00pm PST - How to Think Big
- Duck Tape Design Battle (Quack-Quack)
- No Box Thinking
- Craft BizSolutions
- Success Factors
- Land on One Concept
- 7:00pm PST - Submit "Concept"
Make a Prototype
- 5:00pm PST - Fail Forward Fast
- V2 Next Gen Game
- Rapid Prototyping
- Fast Feedback & Quick Change
- Refine Your Idea
- 7:00pm PST - Submit "Refinements"
Prepare Your Presentation
- 5:00pm PST - How to Pitch Like a Pro
- Prepare to Meet Your BizDesigner
- Real World Design on the Fly
- Hearthrob Improv
- Build Your Pitch
- Getting to Carnegie Hall
- 7:00pm PST - Submit "Pitch"
- 5:00pm PST - Making a Difference
- Battle of the Design BizTeams
- Judges Feedback
- Awards Celebration
- And the Winner Is…