Responsibilities & Code of Conduct
BizSmart Global and Camp BizSmart were launched in 2007 with the vision to inspire the next generation of entrepreneurs, business and community leaders. The BizSmart Challenge is another chapter in that journey. We have been very fortunate to attract young people who are on the way to full, meaningful, and purpose driven lives. More than 8,000 graduates are becoming “Self-Actualized” and important members of their communities and are the true embodiment of our values of Character, Courage and Citizenship. We expect your daughters and sons to meet this high goal of giving back by giving their best and by demonstrating the BizSmart Attributes of Zest, Optimism and Grit. Thank you for being part of the next generation of idea makers and world shakers! For more insight into the BizSmart values the attributes of a “Self-Actualized Entrepreneur” please visit Camp BizSmart’s Resources page.
These RESPONSIBILITIES are intended to keep students safe and make the BizSmart Challenge a positive and productive experience. By purchasing, using, or allowing your student to participate in the BizSmart Challenge, you agree that you and your student will abide and be bound by responsibilities as well as Scientia School Inc., dba BizSmart Global, General Terms and Conditions.
Code of Conduct
I agree that I have read through, understand, and agree that I and my student will adhere to the Code of Conduct set forth below. I also agree that I have reviewed the Code of Conduct with my student. I understand that I and my student must act in a way that is in keeping with the Code of Conduct and that my student’s BizSmart Challenge participation can be revoked if either of our actions or attitudes seem to be harmful to the atmosphere, to my student, other participants, or staff, in the opinion of the Scientia School, BizSmart Challenge staff.
I and my student understand that BizSmart Global reserves the right to cancel my student’s BizSmart Challenge participation for violating any of the terms of the Code of Conduct. Refunds will not be given for products canceled for failure of the student or the parent to abide by the Code of Conduct.
Students and Parents/Guardians MUST:
- Use appropriate language
- Treat others with respect, honor and dignity
- Make sure that all material shared during the BizSmart Challenge is appropriate
- Report within 24 hours, any language or material that is not appropriate to Dr. Michael Gibbs at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Abide by the rules and regulations of the BizSmart Challenge Director, coaches and BizSmart Global.
- Attend lessons in an appropriate setting.
- Dress appropriately during the on-line challenge.
- Only share material that is appropriate & related to the curriculum and design case
- Students will need to have access to a laptop with a video camera and audio for the purposes of working with the BizSmart staff and their team. If a laptop is not available, a tablet may be used. A headset is useful but not required. Phones are not recommended for the video meetings and other functions of this online experience.
- The BizSmart Challenge staff – director, and coaches will set up video meetings and send the link to the meeting to the students to click on and join.
- Students only need to accept the ZOOM meeting link to download the free ZOOM video account for coaching sessions & meeting with their team.
- BizSmart Global reserves the right to record on-line curriculum and team meeting sessions.
- The tuition for the BizSmart Challenge is non-refundable once students are participating in the 5-day experience.
- If a student to drops out of the BizSmart Challenge scheduled for a date, he/she may do so up to 14 days before the start date, and their tuition will be reserved for a later challenge. Cancellations within the 14-day time period will be 50% refundable.
- We challenge your student to have fun, fully engage and stretch their innovation and essential entrepreneurial skills, with the encouragement from our coaches and our guided learning process. We can’t wait to see what they will come up with!
As a condition of participation with BizSmart Global, and the BizSmart Challenge Online Experience, I authorize that photos, videos, images, audio and testimonials may be recorded of enrolled students, and agree that said content may be used by BizSmart Global in promotional materials, marketing collateral, and online media. These images, testimonials, photos, videos, and audio may be shared and used by corporate partners, the media, or other organizations who work with BizSmart Global or Camp BizSmart. I agree that all images, testimonials, photos, video, and audio taken at or in connection with BizSmart Challenge are the sole and exclusive property of Scientia Schools, Inc.
All Scientia Schools staff undergo a federal, state and local background check performed by Employment Screening Resources (ESR). You can learn more at: www.esrcheck.com.
By participating in the BizSmart Challenge, you agree that Scientia Schools, Inc. is not responsible and will not be held liable for any: a). lost, illegible, misdirected or incomplete submissions; b). computer or network malfunction or error; c). communication disruption or other disruptions related to internet traffic, a virus, bug, or non-authorized intervention; or d). damage caused by a computer virus or otherwise from your access to the site or services. The site, services, Scientia Schools, Inc. content and member submissions are provided “as-is” with no warranty of any kind. Scientia Schools, Inc. expressly disclaim all warranties, expressed or implied, regarding the site, services, BizSmart Challenge, content and member submissions, whether the provision of services or your submission of a member submission will produce any level of profit or business for you or lead to economic benefit. In addition, Scientia Schools Inc. makes no claim that the BizSmart Challenge site will be error free, though we strive to correct any errors that are brought to our attention or discovered.
Release of Liability
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold Scientia School, Inc. its officers, advisors, employees and agents, harmless from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, losses and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, arising out of or in any way connected with; 1) Your access to or use of social networking sites, their services, Scientia Schools, Inc. BizSmart Challenge content and user submissions; 2) Your violation of these on-line responsibilities and code of conduct; 3) Your violation of any third-party right, including, without limitation, any intellectual property right, publicity, confidentiality, property, or privacy right; or 4) any claim that one of your user submissions caused damage to a third party or infringed or violated any third-party intellectual property right, confidentiality, property, or privacy right.