Help Treecard create a debit card & app that empowers teenagers to fight climate change and gain financial literacy.
Treecard currently offers a wooden debit card that reforests the planet with every purchase. The target market is currently for people who are 18+ years old in the United States. Treecard is interested in expanding their product to teenagers and need your help to strategize how to adapt the product and marketing for a younger audience.
There is a significant and increasing demand for environmentally conscious banking services. Right now, the Treecard debit card is only available to U.S. residents who are 18+ years old, but there is an exciting opportunity to adapt and cater the Treecard product to a younger audience.
This challenge is sponsored by Michaela Kastelman, founder of Treecard and 2009 Camp BizSmart alumni.
Create a business plan and strategy for how Treecard could:
- Adapt the features and design of their current app to be more engaging for teenagers
- Market the debit card & app to teenagers
- Help teenagers learn more about sustainability and financial literacy through the product
- New Debit Card Design
- Marketing Strategy
Challenge Kick Off
- 5:00pm PST - Live Liftoff
- Join the Liftoff
- Lost at Sea Team Contest
- Meet Your BizCoach
- Zoom Pro-tips
- Challenge Blast-off
- 7:00pm PST - Submit "Team Name"
Discover Who You Can Help
- 5:00pm PST - Opportunities?
- Pink Lamborghini Client Game
- Get Ready to Interview
- Listen for Understanding
- Story Telling: Hunt for Golden Eggs
- Lemons, Golden Eggs?
- 7:00pm PST - Submit "Golden Eggs"
Unlease Your Creativity!
- 5:00pm PST - How to Think Big
- Duck Tape Design Battle (Quack-Quack)
- No Box Thinking
- Craft BizSolutions
- Success Factors
- Land on One Concept
- 7:00pm PST - Submit "Concept"
Make a Prototype
- 5:00pm PST - Fail Forward Fast
- V2 Next Gen Game
- Rapid Prototyping
- Fast Feedback & Quick Change
- Refine Your Idea
- 7:00pm PST - Submit "Refinements"
Prepare Your Presentation
- 5:00pm PST - How to Pitch Like a Pro
- Prepare to Meet Your BizDesigner
- Real World Design on the Fly
- Hearthrob Improv
- Build Your Pitch
- Getting to Carnegie Hall
- 7:00pm PST - Submit "Pitch"
- 5:00pm PST - Making a Difference
- Battle of the Design BizTeams
- Judges Feedback
- Awards Celebration
- And the Winner Is…